Café Guru- Sprout Hub Alkimos
ALKIMOS BEACH, WA
Who are we are looking for?
We are looking for a Café Guru for Sprout Hub Alkimos Beach. This Guru will provide cafe operational support to allow the hub to deliver hospitality, in the truest sense of the word, to the growing community of Alkimos.
1. The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
Synonyms: friendliness, welcome, warm reception, helpfulness, neighbourliness, warmth, warm-heartedness, kindness, generosity
- You are friendly and warm
- You take pride in creating welcoming spaces and environments, and love to watch other people enjoy those spaces
- You have great communication; you are not afraid to speak up when you think something is wrong and believe that- even when it’s tricky- openness and honesty is the best way to connect with other people
- You are deeply reliable
- You can admit to mistakes and ask for help when you need it
- You relish a challenge, your aim is to solve problems rather than handball them to someone else
- You are a self starter and understand individual responsibility is the key ingredient to happy workplaces for all
- Experience in coffee making. Barista certificate favoured, or at least willingness to attend training if no formal certification.
- Small order food preparation
- Customer service, event set up
- Basic administration and cash handling
- Great communications, replying to emails and social media Messages in the friendly and helpful Sprout style.
- Previous Food Safety tickets a bonus
- Confident with using technology (ie. ipad POS system, apps for cash reporting and communications)
Your day-to-day role
- Coffee making, customer service, cleaning, cash handling, basic food preparation. Keeping us up to standard with all the food safety
- Ordering, communication with suppliers, monitoring café budget and assessing profit margins on menu items
- Developing menu with the Hub team and in line with business targets
- Working with Hub team to look after community groups who hire the space for their events and meetings
- Communicating professionally with partners and stakeholders
- Contribution to online communication channels and connecting with interstate teams where necessary
- Working openly with the rest of the Sprout Team to kick big goals for the Alkimos Community
We are looking for someone with a flexible schedule to cover one regular shift as well as occasional shifts and staff holidays. Our shifts currently run Mondays to Sundays, from 8:30am until 4:30pm. Potential for more hours as the Hub grows. Flexibility and living locally is prefered.
Who is Sprout?
We believe in a world where people know their neighbours, rely on each other and give back to their wider community. Through our projects we provide real, authentic community building by engaging people and activating spaces.
We are B Corp Certified, and have projects around Australia.
What is a Sprout Hub?
Sprout Hubs are a little space that grows the things that matter to brand new communities. We have been running the Hub in Alkimos for nearly four years.
Sprout Hubs are a multi-use community facility, with the space seamlessly transforming from a café, to meeting space and even to an event space. We see our Hubs as being somewhere between a café and casual community centre. We take pride in serving up the highest quality coffee and snacks, in a welcoming and warm environment. We also love to host community groups, local businesses and clubs who want to have a meeting, event or catch up in the space. Our entire purpose is to support the local community to come together and form the important social ties that will make it thrive in the long term.
As part of our hub projects, we also operate a Seedling Fund. This Fund donates 10 cents from every café sale to local clubs, groups and initiatives that are doing great things for the community.
Click below to complete a web form to apply to join our Sprout Hub team.
We'd much rather you spend 10-15min letting us know a bit more about you, than updating your resume, so at this stage we don't need any cover letters, references of CVs. Please complete the form and we'll be in touch.